Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Actual Party

I woke up Saturday morning to a low grumbling sound. At first I thought it was my stomach, but quickly realized that it was thunder. I haven't heard thunder like that in months, so it's no wonder I was a bit confused. Normally, I would welcome the rain but not on this particular day. Thomas's birthday party was schedule to happen at Homewood Park that same afternoon. I checked the forecast and it didn't seem like the rain was going to let up. I made the decision to move Thomas's party indoors at our house, so I got up and started cleaning.


Well, that same morning my Dad came over to help unclog a few drains. He was successful! With the unclog drains came a pretty nasty smell throughout the entire house. There was no way I could have Thomas's party at a house that smelled like rotten eggs. Sooo, I called Loco's, a restaurant/pub not far from our house. They were so kind and let us use the restaurant to have his party. We were pretty much the only ones there, they turned the tvs to the Disney channel, and welcomed the chaos with open arms. It was perfect. Space to run for the kids and adult beverages for the adults. I couldn't have asked for anything better.


The cupcakes:

The Birthday Banner (sewn by yours truly):

The birthday boy:

Blowing out his candles:


It took two attempts.

Anna Claire and Maci running laps:

Thomas's two favorite gifts were his Mark Ingram autographed football from his Grandma and PawPaw AND that his Aunt Emily came in town to help celebrate. Hurry up and move home Aunt Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment