Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just to Save a Buck

I just got back from 2 days worth of training in Atlanta for my new job position. I got to meet some really nice people, learn a few things, enjoy some time to myself to read, and eat dinner with Holly. I sure did miss these two home-wreckers though. I was totally floored when I got home to a clean house. I just knew it was going to be a disaster area.

Last Friday, I broke the heel off of one of my brown shoes but I didn't go out and buy a new pair since I knew I had an older pair in my closet. Well, the other day I was trying to get out of the house on time and the last thing I did was run to my closet and find the pair of shoes. Now, I hadn't worn this particular pair in about 5 years but I knew-thought-they were in good condition.

I realize when I was driving to work that I couldn't wiggle my toes and that the shoes felt sticky. I figured I would just check it out when I got to work and wipe off whatever it was that was making my toes stick. When I started to take my shoes off this is what I saw:

I wouldn't normally put pictures of my feet on here but the pictures say it all. SICK. What the heck is this stuff?? I thought about going to get a new pair during lunch, but I couldn't get this stuff to just wipe off and I wasn't fixing to try on a new pair with it on my feet. I sucked it up and wore them the rest of the day. I have no clue what it could be and I seriously doubt I spilled a Coke in them and put them back in my closet to sit and sit and sit. Those shoes were laid to rest in a Hilton garbage can and I am going to the mall to buy a new pair with a sturdy heel this weekend. It also took me 15 minutes per foot to wipe that junk off. Sick, sick, sick.








1 comment:

  1. YEA! I finally found your blog. So, this looks like shoe polish. Its weird that you have no idea what it is. What does it smell like?

    ReplyDelete