Monday, April 26, 2010

Independence

Friday night we went to Thomas's school carnival. He enjoyed the bouncy house, as noted in the previous post, tried some cotton candy, and grew up way too fast all in one night.

He noticed that the bigger kids were playing on the big slide and he wanted a turn. Brett was a little apprehensive about him doing it, so I decided to go down with him for the first time. He climbed up the little bitty steps with easy while I struggled. He plopped down slid right to the bottom pretty much without me. Fearless, independent, getting too big. I can't handle it. My baby doesn't need me to slide down the big scary slide with him. Nope. *Tears*

Here he is at the top.

Notice the big grin on his face. We couldn't get him off of it.

Every time he went up the steps/ladder he held up the line. I felt bad for the bigger kids so I took him off of it. Here is the response I got from him.


We attempted to distract him with some cotton candy, but he was no fool. He wanted back on the slide. He didn't even try the cotton candy either, so I got it all. Good thing it wasn't a funnel cake or else he wouldn't have even gotten a chance to try it.


Crazy kid, who doesn't like cotton candy??

No comments:

Post a Comment