Saturday, April 3, 2010

Part I: Good Friday

The post is going to be the first of three. We've had a pretty big weekend so far and I and it would be way too much for one post. Part I is Friday, which I had off.
Thomas and I made plans to meet Carrie and Anna Claire at the Botanical Gardens in the morning. Carrie made the suggestion of going ahead and getting our pictures of them in their Easter outfits so we wouldn't have to worry about it on Sunday, which I thought was a great idea. Thomas thought differently though. I was also a nervous wreck that he was going to get his outfit dirty.
As soon as Thomas's feet hit the ground he was off. It was like a caged animal let lose in the wild for the first time. He just ran and ran and ran. Wore me flat out and my legs are sore today because of it. I didn't set high expectations for how the pictures were going to come out, but I think I got a few good ones. He would not look at me though. Maybe it's because I put him in lace and that was his only way to get back at me.


He was so fascinated with the coy ponds and I was terrified he was going to jump in or stand up and his outfit be covered in grass stains. Neither happened, so I was relieved.

I couldn't handle the stress of him getting something on his outfit any more and Thomas was absolutely done with the photo shoot so I changed him and let him play in the fountain. I know it was his favorite part of the experience. Anna Claire had a big time in the water too.

After we left the Botanical Gardens we headed to La Paz for some much needed food and beverages. Emily, who is here for the weekend, met up with us sporting a lighter do and we headed off to our cousin's house.


Thomas played with Maci and munched on a popsicle. Only his second ever and he was fairly neat about it.
We even threw them in the bath together.
After a big day of friend and family time we all fell asleep pretty early and easily. It's a good thing too, Saturday was an even bigger day.










No comments:

Post a Comment